Two concerns frequently surface when talking to potential Village investors:
- Uncertainty over making a future financial commitment for $10,000
- Uncertainty over living in a compact space without knowing who your neighbors might be.
To resolve these concerns we offer another investment option – Block Investment. A self-organizing group of twenty households can collectively invest in an entire village block, with interior courtyard, for a $100,000 investment.
This halves the per household investment to $5000, and is an option which allows people to self-select their neighbors (within the limits prescribed by Fair Housing laws).
….if you are part of an existing group or wish to work toward organizing a new group to occupy a Village Block, you may consider:
- Elder/Congregate Housing
- Ecovillages/intentional communities
- Extended Family “Compounds”
- Circle of Friends – (high school or college?)
- Art/Music/Theater Colonies
- Community Housing Development Organizations
- Private Residential Developers
- Fraternal or Veterans Organizations
- Historical Reenactment GroupsFaith-Based Groups